Церковь Санта Мария ди Перпетуо Соккорсо
Church of Santa Maria di Perpetuo Soccorso
- Church dedicated to St Alphonse Maria di Ligouri, known by the name of its famous icon.
- St Alphonse was the founder of the Redeptorist order.
- This English church was built by George Wigley for the Redemptorist Father Edward Douglas, a Scottish convert of the Queensbury family.
- The church belongs to the Generalate of the Redemptorist Order.
- It was restored for the centenary of the enthronement of the icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour in 1958.
- van Rhoden
- The church has fine paintings by van Rhoden.
- Бесконечная помощь
- Virgin of Perpetual Help
- When the Redemptorist Order acquired the buildings in 1853, they decided to give the icon now enshrined above the high altar its former honours back.
It was brought from Crete at the end of the 15th century, and had been venerated in a church, but after that church was destroyed by Napoleon's soldiers it had been kept in a private chapel.
After it was moved here, the devotion has spread throughout the world.
- над дверью снаружи
- посвящённый предмет: