Церковь Санта Мария делл Арчетто
Church of Santa Maria dell'Archetto
Church dedicated to Virgin (of the Bow).
The church is the smallest which is in use in Rome.
It was built to commemorate a miraculous event.

In 1690, the marquis Muti Papazzurri had a maiolica (white tin-glazed earthenware decorated with metallic colours) by Domenico Antonio Muratori with an image of the Blessed Virgin set up in the street. On 9 July 1796 the image, by then known as Maria Santissima Causa Nostrae Laetitiae, was observed to have movement in the pupils. Many pilgrims came to the street.

A small building was erected, and then replaced with the tiny church.

It was inaugurated on 31 May 1851, but not opened to the public until 1859.

In 1870, the Jesuits took over the church.

It is now in the care of the Primary Catholic Society for Promotion of Good Works.
It was designed by Virginio Vespagniani in a purist Neo-Classical style.
The church has a Latin cross plan, with a cassetted ceiling with gilded stucco decorated with angels and putti, and with symbols of the Blessed Virgin and the coat-of-arms of the Savorelli family.

On the sides are angels formed as caryatids, which hold of flower vases. They were made by Luigi Simonetti.

The central arch is in white marble with intarsia work, and has two columns with Egyptian-style capitals.

посвящённый предмет:
A feast celebrating the miracle is celebrated on 9 July. Another important feast in the church is the Birth of Our Lady on 8 September.
Virgin hram