Church of St Bogorodica Zahumska - Zaum
- on the shore of Lake Ohrid, on its eastern part around 20 km of the town of Ohrid near the village of Trpejca.
- It is usually called St Zaum.
- An inscription in the interior indicates that it was built and fresco painted in 1361.
- This church, like the churches of St Bogorodica Perivlepta (St Clement) and St John the Theologian - Kaneo, is in the shape of a cruciform with a dome surmounting the central part.
- The blind arches divide its three-sided apse.
- The church in its original shape also had a parvis.
- The frescoes are highly damaged.
- The Saints portrayed to their natural size dominate the first zone.
- Amongst them are the portraits of the Hermits, SS Clement and Naum, Christ, The Holy Mother, and others.
- The second zone is filled with scenes of the Life of the Holy Mother with an emphasis on the innovative nature in depicting the interior in the scene of The Birth of Mary.
- The eastern wall of the former parvis is covered with the scene showing Jesus Christ and the Holy Mother dressed in royal garments.
- There are also portraits of SS Peter and Paul, as well as of SS George and Dimitry dressed in noble robes.
- According to A. Nikoloski, the fresco painter expresses a sense of spontaneity in the compositions.
- Also a more refined taste is present, whereas the colours are lively within the scope of light colours.
- In view of these features, Nikoloski distinguishes the fresco Master of the church St Bogorodica from his contemporaries who worked in Ohrid.
- It is assumed that the artist gained his painting education in Salonika.