Церковь Каменская - Знаменская
The church of the Holy Mother – Kamensko
- The exact date of the construction and fresco painting of the church Holy Mother – Kamensko is not known.
- It is located in the old part of the town, up the street from the quarter Chinar (the famous old cedar three).
- Research indicate that it was built in the XVII century.
- An inscription was discovered in the interior of the church that indicates that the church was extended in 1832.
- According to another inscription found in the interior, in 1863 Dico the Master painted the frescoes in the church.
- Again, in 1924 certain interventions were performed on the frescoes.
- One characteristic of the church is its iconostasis.
- Its author is unknown, but the assumption is that he was a Mijak master.
- The structure of the iconostasis is divided into five horizontal sections.
- The first section consists of 12 small pillars, six on each side of the royal ports, with bouquets between them painted with uniform flowers placed into vases.
- The secondsection also contains 12 small pillars that divide the throne icons.
- The third section consists of lunettes.
- The fourth section is actually a frieze ornamented by vine and grapes and with 12 medallions each depicting an angel.
- Two dragons, and a large cross with the scene of "The Crucifixion" with Virgin on the left and St John on the right side are painted on the top section of the iconostasis.
- The characteristic of this iconostasis is that it does not contain any human figures, nor does it have scenes with motifs.